Rhubarb Garlic Bread
Delicious with rhubarb preserves or any meal.
Write a review
- 6 ¾ ounces all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup rhubarb puree
- Wash the rhubarb stalks thoroughly and cut into half inch lengths. Drop 2 cups of rhubarb pieces into boiling water and simmer for 15 minutes or until quite tender. Remove from heat, drain, cool slightly, then puree in food processor. Cool pureed mixture completely.
- Grease and flour one 8 x 4 inch pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- In bowl of stand mixer, combine flour, garlic powder, cumin, salt, baking powder, and soda.
- In medium bowl of measuring cup, combine eggs, oil, and rhubarb, stir to mix and add to flour mixture in stand mixer bowl.
- Mix with paddle attachment at medium/low speed just until all ingredients are combined and dry ingredients are hydrated (two to three minutes) and a smooth batter develops.
- Pour into small lightly greased loaf pan (approx. 4x8x3 inches)
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes (more or less depending on your oven) or until internal temperature reaches 205 degrees or wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Invert pan to remove bread to cooling rack and cool one hour before slicing and serving.
Sycamore Farms http://sycamorefarmsny.com/